This article is part of the network’s archive of useful research information. This article is closed to new comments due to inactivity. We welcome new content which can be done by submitting an article for review or take part in discussions in an open topic or submit a blog post to take your discussions online.
The Council of Europe has published two reports reflecting:
- Prisons in Europe 2005- 2015: this report presents data on prison populations across Europe from 2005 to 2015. It is divided in two volumes: Volume 1 presents country profiles based on several indicators concerning prison populations, and Volume 2 includes all the data used for the report.
- Foreign offenders in prison and under probation in Europe: this report consist on a descriptive longitudinal study that presents the data currently available on the number of foreigners in the prison populations and under the supervision or care of probation agencies in the 47 member states of the Council of Europe.
- New maps concerning the Prison Population Rate in Europe are now available here.
- LINCS: the EU/CoE co-funded a new project which aims at linking SPACE statistics with the criminal justice statistics collected by The European Sourcebook members. For further information please visit the European Sourcebook website.
- The latest SPACE I report, concerning 2016 is now available here.
- The latest SPACE II report, concerning 2016 is now available here.